Pages

5.10.2010

No, Really, Life is Looking 'Up'

I spent last week preparing to interview Emily White, author of the new book Lonely. (Stay tuned for details of when that story goes to print.) But in my research, I stumbled across Up!, a new book by David Niven.

Last year I read his fun book 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People, which has cute anecdotes followed by tidbits of scientific research to back them up.

In my life I've definitely fallen more into the lonely category than the happy one. Both Lonely and 100 Simple Secrets have allowed me to understand why I've felt so bad and so good. That understanding has in turn lead me to have more control, not really over my feelings, but by being able to recognize an incoming bad mood, I can take the needed steps to veer it off its course.

You can listen to the interview I did with David Niven on his book Up! on the archives of the WMNF Evening News.


2 comments:

  1. well i will have to check both these books out now ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    Thanks for these.
    I will definitely check out these books.
    Reminds me of two others I like: "Paradox of Choice and The Progress Paradox."

    Duane

    ReplyDelete