Pages

4.12.2010

I ♥ the Library

Happy National Library Week!

At 10-years old I loved going to the library for its infinite possibilities. At 20, my college librarians were my closest friends but I was overwhelmed by the choices and amount of books I'd never get to read so I barely picked up any books at all. Now post-30, I'm closer to the curious kid I used to be.
I'm no longer afraid of what I won't get to, and I revel and cherish the things I do.

On Friday I'll launch a weekly segment called Library Stories, a wrap up of the things I've come across while at work or randomly pulled from the insides of books.

But for now - get out to your local library! In Hillsborough County almost every branch is throwing some kind of party to celebrate books, reading, and community.

To name a few:
Monday in Riverview: screening a film on book burning
Tuesday in Sulphur Springs: the brand new branch is offering a tour and refreshments
Wednesday at Upper Tampa Bay there's an ice cream social
Thursday the West Tampa branch is showcasing its history

Go here to find your Hillsborough County branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment